July 7, 2009

Gracie Update

Gracie is doing just fine. And we are very thankful.

Of course, once I made the doctor's appointment, she had a great night sleeping all the way through and seemed very content this morning. But, I took her in to get my questions answered, and I'm glad I did. To make a long story short, the doctor thinks she's fine and doesn't have any concerns about her. He's not sure what caused her tummy ache-possibly an extremely mild virus? We'll never know. I asked about her back arching (including reflux, thanks for the heads-up, Jennie) and he doesn't think that's an issue. At any rate, she is doing better and is definitely not constipated. Just check the laundry I've been doing! That's good since it helps me to know she's getting enough to eat. Currently she is not falling asleep for her nap because she is trying to eat her bumper pad (as far as I can tell, see picture below.)

I haven't blogged about her eating/weight gain lately because we are basically in a holding pattern. I am still pumping and trying to get her to eat the extra that I pump. She is gaining weight slowly. By the doctor's scale, she has gained 1 lb. 1 oz. in the 26 days since she was last in, which is in the "OK" range, and I'm very thankful for that. We'll go back in a couple of weeks for her well-baby visit. I don't have the baby scale at home any more, so I'll be glad to have her weighed just to check on her progress.

She is really close to rolling from back to tummy-or at least trying really hard-so that's fun to watch.

Thanks to my sweet readers for indulging me on this long and detailed post!

No comments: