Love those finger puppets!
Sweet and content
She has been working really hard to grab things. It's pretty tricky when your fingers don't obey and your arms flail around! Mostly she's been successful at getting her clothes in her mouth, particularly when she's wearing a dress.
We had a really nice 4th of July at my brother and sister-in-law's house with family and friends. Jonathan loved the time to swim and watch fireworks!
Grace has changed in the past few days from sweet and content to fussy and uncomfortable. I'm going to take her to the doctor tomorrow to see what's going on. Maybe it's just a phase, or maybe it's something else. She has always loved arching her back, and I haven't worried about it because it has never been accompanied by anything that was close to discomfort. That changed this weekend. She has been arching her back and acting like her tummy hurts. We'll see what we can find out.
A year ago, the Monday after the 4th of July, we were back from our trip to see faraway friends where we lived before we lived here. We came back to jump back into the pursuit of adoption, and I was also going to get rid of my maternity clothes. A year ago today, we got the most shocking, joyful news ever: we were expecting. Pregnant. Oh, my goodness. I thought I was going to be writing a long, heartfelt post about that today. Instead, I've been worrying about our little miracle's tummy. I will say, though, that I will never forget how blessed we are to have our kids and how thankful we are that God has entrusted them to us.
2 comments:
Liam and I know all about those tummy troubles and how difficult they can make both Mama and baby's life...
In his case it was constipation and gas. We kept the gas-relief drops handy, along with a microwaveable heat pack to wrap his belly in.
I hope it doesn't take too long to find ut what works best for you, and for Grace to return to her former sweet and contented self.
What a year it's been for your family! We thank God for his wonderful surprise in your life and the blessing that little Gracie is to ALL of us!
Post a Comment