Jonathan is really into sounding out words right now and figuring out how they're spelled. He just explained to me that "mommy" is spelled "mome" because "mom" with "e" at the end makes "mommy."
He has been very into puzzles the past few days. They're all over the floor of Gracie's room. He's been working them while I feed her.
I know that kids are supposed to start singing when they're two or so, but our son has refused. I have figured that he'll do it when he's ready, and it is just part of his personality that doesn't like to do things unless he can do them well. So, last night when I was going to sing a song to him at bedtime, he announced to me that he was going to sing a song himself, and he proceeded to sing "Jesus Loves the Little Children" to me. It was a sweet moment. Then he did the same thing for Jeff.
Today during nap/rest time, he came out of his room to tell me that he had just "read" all of Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel by Virginia Lee Burton (one of our favorite authors, by the way) and said all the words that go with the pictures. After his nap we read it together and he does, indeed, have the entire book memorized, word-for-word. He didn't want to read it all to me, but he knew all the words on the pages that I got him to talk about. (We took turns.)
He really brings us a lot of joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment