July 22, 2009

Gracie's Four-Month Checkup

Two and a half weeks ago, Grace started sleeping through the night. Every night! I didn't want to mention it too soon, but it looks like it's a habit for her now. Yay! Also, she got to the point that she was only willing to drink about half an ounce from the bottle each day. So, I decided to stop giving it to her (of course, she didn't mind) and see how she did with her weight gain. She continued to sleep through the night without that extra little drink.

If she had gained the minimum of half an ounce a day (an ounce a day would be better) she would have been 14 lbs., 4 oz. today. Here are her stats:

Height: 26 1/4" (90-95th %ile)
Weight: 14 lbs., 2 oz. (50th %ile)

So she's growing, but mostly in length. The doctor suggested starting her on solids. We'll do that soon. I hope it helps her to fill out more. As you know, Jonathan was slimmer than Grace but had filled out and gotten chunky by this age. Grace has yet to do that.

Everything else looked great, but she is still arching her back (of course.) The doctor doesn't know why she is doing it, and although he doesn't see anything that makes him worry, he wants to find out why. So, we'll be visiting a pediatric neurologist soon. I know that sounds scary, but I think it's just a precaution. I'll post about it when it happens. We are really thankful for our sweet little girl!

No comments: